eCommerce is more important than ever - make sure you are ready for the new year and new sales. Here are some suggestions to get you moving in the right direction:
1) Review your website and online store. As part of a good eCommerce program, you need to make sure your website is up-to-date, easy to navigate and your online store is seamless in that navigation. Include all product descriptions and bottle shots so customers can confirm what they are ordering. Make sure the ordering process is clear and easy, providing a good experience for your customer.
2) Build and maintain your customer lists. It is critical to collect data from your customers so you can reach out to them via email, phone, mail or social media. Add a “Join Our Mailing List” opt-in button at the top right hand of your website or as a pop-up on the landing pages. Get as much information as possible - just an email address doesn’t help much – get their name, address (determines shipping area), email and phone number, if possible. This goes right into the next point . . .
3) Segment your lists. Not everyone should receive the same email offer, depending on their buying history, preferences and region. It is important to speak as directly as possible to your customers, so it is critical to only send them information in which they may have an interest. Email campaign automation can be helpful if it is setup correctly but be aware that you should also be working your lists manually and thoughtfully.
4) Work with an email campaign provider that allows you to receive analytics. Make sure once you begin sending regular email campaigns to your customers that you can receive analytics back on the results. Open rates, clickthrough rates, bounces and unsubscribes all help you manage your content as well as your customer list. Work with these analytics every campaign, updating your CRM as you go so your list remains clean and active. See what content customers are relating to and do more of that to keep engagement flowing.
5) If you don’t have one, create a Loyalty Club. Clubs are excellent way to secure ongoing cash flow, create customer loyalty and have a built in base for new products and vintages. They can also become your best online buyer. Add an incentive to join and provide excellent and personal customer service so they stay engaged with your brand. For more information on clubs, email us for a copy of our whitepaper: Creating an Effective Loyalty Club Program.
6) Add a referral program. Once you have a solid eCommerce program going, be sure to add in a Referral Program for existing customers. Fans of your brand can be the best ambassadors as they spread the word to their friends and family. For suggestions on how to set up a referral program, please visit our blog post: Crafting an Effective Customer Referral Program
If you need help setting up or managing your eCommerce program, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or 707-738-1301.